2007-08-01

IPhone patch already?

I have a Nokia 8800, a nice phone by most standards, not quite the same league as a Vertu but nice nonetheless. One of the great things about my phone is the robust stainless steel casing and the two year premium support that comes with these phones regardless of the network provider. The phone is now two years old, I was an early adopter so the time has come for me to look for a new one. Being an early adopter ... Iphone looked like the way to go.

Two days ago Apple released their first set of patches for the Iphone a month after the initial US launch. All the addressed vulnerabilities seem to be related to Safari, Apple's own internet browser software. Of particular note are the arbitrary code execution and cross site scripting vulnerabilities. Yikes! I'm glad I'm one of those people that refuse to use handheld devices to browse the internet. With vulnerabilities like that I wonder how long it will be before the Iphone becomes the target of viral code ...

No comments: